Full Stack Software Developer
Office Location: Kennington, London. Our office is between Kennington and Oval Tube Stations.
Candidate commercial experience: 2+ Years
We are a software start-up, which helps online retailers understand their customers better and use customer data make marketing more profitable. Our software integrates data from different 1st party sources, generates insight about customers and enables clients to send the right message to the right customer at the right time through various channels.
We are looking for a top class developer to join our cross-functional scrum team.
We value best practices and high quality, reliable code. We have loads of exciting features in the pipeline and are looking for a talented, motivated, and passionate developer to help us build them. Your strong software design principles and high standards will contribute to a team of like-minded individuals who welcome these tough challenges and complete them with style.
What will you get out of it?
Appropriate salary, which is negotiable. Future opportunity to earn bonus payments.
£300 Annual personal training budget to invest in learning new things to spend as the employee wishes (training, books, subscriptions etc.).
Opportunity to get into the team at an early stage and really own and contribute to the front and backend development of the application.
20 days of paid annual leave and ability to carry over 5 days into next year if unused, which can be used in the first 3 months of the subsequent calendar year.
Monthly Perkbox treats allowance for access to hundreds of discounts on eating out, gym membership, cinema tickets, mobile phone insurance etc.
Potential to participate in future share option scheme (contingent on length of service – we don’t give away shares on day one to new employees - the option would vest over a period of time)
What will be your responsibilities?
- Designing, building and testing software
- Making improvements to software performance and system maintenance
- Building software integrations with other e-commerce platforms, email service providers and other data sources.
- Developing and documenting our API to allow larger clients to build connections to our software from their own systems.
What skills must you demonstrate?
Other experience that would be ideal:
- Back-end stack: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- A knowledge of Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Redshift)
- Object-oriented design and practice
- RESTful web services
- Test-driven development and continuous integration
Nice to have experience
- Scrum – JIRA
- Open source contributions
- Membership in a local user group
- Building User Interfaces which display data in a visually engaging way
- E-commerce experience
What it’s like to work with us at rais…
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. It's a flat structure that gives people who want to grow and take ownership a genuine opportunity to do so.
We also do monthly team lunches and provide a training allowance; one example of how we show our commitment to your professional development. It’s important to us to share learning, experience and that we help each other to grow, so there’s a lot of emphasis on building productive internal relationships.
Please send your CV to email@example.com if you're interested in this role.